What are the types of incontinence female suffering from?
There are 4 types of urinary incontinence.
- Stress urinary incontinence: - urine leak while coughing, sneezing, laughing or lifting weight is called Stress urinary incontinence.
- Usually, due to weakness of perineal muscles due to multiple pregnancies, virginal deliveries, obstructed labor SUI starts.
- So, many females believe its part of ageing & normal phenomena.
- It can be improved withkegle’s exercise, or medical treatment with Tab. Duloxetine, but the results are suboptimal.
- SUI mainly treated with surgical treatment with either Prolene mesh or autologous tissue.
URGE URINARY INCONTINENCE
Urine leak before reaching washrooms is called urge urinary incontinence (UUI).
- UUI can be associated with Frequency &/ or Nocturia.
- UUI can be due to Urinary Tract infection, ageing, genitourinary tuberculosis, stones or bladder carcinoma.
- UUI can be treated with various medications as Anticholinergics, B- agonists, or combinations.
- If it is not responding with medications, requires Urodynamic study to check for Bladder function.
- UUI, non-responding to medicines can treat with Intravesical injection of BOTOX.
- Severe UUI can be treated with surgery like augmentation cystoplasty.
MIXED URINARY INCONTINENCE
Urge Urinary incontinence with stress urinary incontinence is called as mixed urinary Incontinence.
- Usually, FOR MUI, first have to require treatment for UUI. Then Evaluate thept after sometime & require Urodynamic study.
- Then, depends on pt bothersome symptoms require treatment for stress urinary incontinence.
OVER FLOW INCONTINENCE
Urinary incontinence (Continuous) with full bladder is called overflow incontinence.
- Usually neurogenic chronic urinary retention pt has over flow incontinence.
- Usually indwelling foley’s catheterization required for 3 -4 weeks & followed by evaluation of bladder with Urodynamic study requires.
- If, On UDS found Atonic bladder, pt may require clean intermittent catheterisation or indwelling catheter.